If you’re just getting started with branding your business on social media Facebook is great starting place. The platform have over 2 billion users and chances are you can connect with people who are interested in your products, service and programs much faster than using the other platforms. Here are some brand styling and profiling tips for success on Facebook.
Facebook Style Tips
The Facebook Style Guide here gives you an overview of what your Facebook Business Page will look like. Here’s a quick checklist of what to include in your Facebook Cover Photo and Page Design:
- Start with a background image that is relevant to your business (Your background image could be you in action, a professional photo or a stock photo.)
- Use the real estate in your cover photo to identify your business, who you are and what you do (a short tagline will do the trick)
- Add your website address
- Make Your Cover Photo Clickable when you add a A Call Action: Tell people to “Click Here” on your cover photo – what will happen is Facebook will open up the photo into the expanded view where your description is visible. In your description, share a brief description of your business AND include a hyperlink to your website (not your home page – a specific page) where you can give them a free gift for joining your email list, a free consultation or just simply tell them more about how you can help them.
- Facebook Tabs – Facebook Tabs are the rectangle boxes that appear on the left side of your Timeline. The Tabs make it possible to link up your products and services to your Facebook page. Use a service like Woobox to add tabs to your Facebook page, and you can embed products, services, free offers, giveaways and more. The size for the Tabs is 111 pixels by 74 pixels.
Note: Facebook Tabs are not visible in the mobile app.
Facebook Profile Tips
- Be sure to fill out every section of your About settings on Facebook. Since Facebook has open up its Open Graph to all public pages and profiles, you’ll want to make sure you’ve filled in all the information. This way when people are searching on Facebook for information and businesses like yours, your page will show up in Facebook’s search results.
- Put a link to your website at the very top of your Description. When you do, it becomes link that people can conveniently click to learn more about your services. Be sure to use the ‘ http:// ‘ prefix to make the link clickable.