LinkedIn has stood out among social networks as the place for connecting with business professionals from all over the world. Do you use LinkedIn? Here area few tips for making your profile and company page stand out like a true professional.
LinkedIn has 2 options for setting up a business profile: The Company Page and the Personal Profile.
Linked In Company Page Design & Style Tips
Currently, the only design ability we have for LinkedIn Company pages is the logo and Show Case Pages.
- The logo size should be 100 pixels by 60 pixels.
- Showcase Pages. LinkedIn Showcase Pages allow you to create a separate page for each of your products, services and offers. Though you can add up to 10, I recommend choosing your top 3 product/services and create a showcase page for each one. The cover photo size for LinkedIn Showcase Pages is 646 pixels by 220 pixels.
Linked In Company Profile Style Tips
LinkedIn is all about connecting with other business professionals. Your company page should identify your business brand and immediately tell people what your business does. Here’s what to include in your company bio on LinkedIn:
- Keywords related to your products/services
- What you do that is different from other businesses in your niche
- A Link to your website (about page or free report or free guide)
What To Include In Your LinkedIn Personal Profile
Even if you only want to use LinkedIn as a Company, it’s still a good idea to set up a personal profile so that you as the business owner/CEO can connect with individuals on the platform. Here are tips for setting up your LinkedIn personal Profile.
- Be sure your profile is 100% complete. Don’t skimp on this. It seems like a lot of work, but if you’re interested in connecting with people who will actually support you in business, LinkedIn is a gold mine, so this is worth it.
- Don’t be afraid to brag on yourself. List your skills and share your personal branding statement.
- If you’re not looking to be hired by a headhunter or recruiter, be sure to state you are a business owner/CEO, etc
- Ask for recommendations from at least 5 people
- Include either your website address OR a link to your LinkedIn Company page if you have one
Linked In Personal Profile Design & Style Tips
There are 2 key areas you can design/style for your LinkedIn Profile:
- Your Profile Photo: Your profile photo can be up to 500 x 500 pixels.
- Your Background Image. The background image should be 1400 pixels x 425 pixels; however, only the top half is actually visible on the desktop view. If you add text, your logo or website to your LinkedIn background (hint, hint), you will want to keep any text or logos in the top 40% of the graphic. LinkedIn suggests: “Just upload an image that reflects your passions, projects, or inspiration and show people what you’re about.”
Free Tutorial: Want More Social Media Branding Tips?
Watch the Free Workshop where I show you branding and profile tips for all the major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and More! Get instant access when you sign up today!