This infographic shows you how Pinterest displays your photos, images and graphics. Pin this to your boards so you can refer to it as needed.
For best visibility on Pinterest use images that are taller (more vertical) than they are wide (horizontal).
A Note About Image Sizes: If you’re customizing your own graphics, use the maximum width (736 pixels) for more visibility in the search/explore feeds. If you are using images of your products, use high quality images that are at least 300 pixels in width. Small pictures lose resolution and don’t get noticed as much, so keep that in mind when taking pictures of your products.
- Profile Images: 165 x 165 pixels
- See Character limits in the style guide for limits on number of characters for your profile name and description/bio.
- Board Cover: 217 x 146 pixels.
- Small Thumbnails under board cover: 51 x 51 pixels
- Expanded Board: Pins in feed: 238 x proportional height
- Search/Explore View: Pins in feed: 238 pixels x proportional height
- Individual/Expanded Pins: Expanded pin size: 736 pixels x proportional height
Pinning From Websites
Minimum size on websites must be at least 100 x 200 – bigger pictures get more engagement.
For your site, install the Pin It Button in your sidebar widgets so people can follow you.
- Want people to pin your images? Click here for instructions for installing the official Pin It Button.
- Use the official Pin It Button for your browser to pin from other sites (keep in mind not all site allow pinning). Here’s the link with instructions for installing the Pinterest Pin It Button to your browser: Pin It Button for Browsers